RETURN POLICY AND CREDITS
TotalPlaygrounds.com is committed to provide fast, efficient service. If you need to return an item, Total Playgrounds will refund you the total product costs that you were charged as long as the items are returned within 30 days from shipping date and not opened, are defective due to manufacturing (except which applies below in the section titled ‘Replacement Parts For Concealed Damage/Defect Freight’), or were incorrectly shipped. If we made a mistake (shipped you the wrong item; variation in color does not apply) then we will even refund you the cost of shipping both ways.
Orders returned do not receive shipping reimbursements and are charged the actual shipping and restock costs to and from our warehouse. If a returned item was a Free Shipping item from us, the refund for the product will be the greater of actual shipping/stock charges or 10%.
Please email us to receive an authorization number and the correct Total Playgrounds warehouse address to send the return. Please allow time for shipping, inspection, and up to two additional business days to process your refund. TotalPlaygrounds.com cannot assume responsibility for misdirected or lost shipments/parts, or damage/lost parts not noted before return that are sent back to us through you.
All requests for shipping charge reimbursement due to missed appointments by freight companies or concealed damage due to freight negligence must be directed to the individual freight company – not through TotalPlaygrounds.com. For Guaranteed Freight Shipments arriving late, requests for shipping reimbursement must be made through TotalPlaygrounds.com.
Certain restrictions apply to Guaranteed Freight refunds:
1) Customer must be available for delivery
2) Damage or missing pieces do not constitute shipment being late
3) Follows the basic provisions set forth below in Shipping Policies.
Special orders are made to order by the manufacturer and may not be eligible for returns, credits, expedited shipping or other Total Playgrounds policies. These items may have lead times up to 14 weeks in some cases and cannot be canceled after 72 hours after purchasing because they are being made to order. Special items include Commercial Play Equipment And Site Amenities, Commercial Swing Sets, Picnic Tables, and other items where color, stains, paints and size options are available and must be manufactured specific for the order. Please email to inquire as to the policies of each item.
All orders in stock received by 1:00 PM pst should be processed and forwarded to our warehouse(s) on the same business day for fulfillment. Orders received after 1:00 PM will either be processed the same day or next day and forwarded to our warehouse(s) for fulfillment. Fulfillment will vary depending on the products ordered and the time of year. When you view items on Total Playgrounds, each listing displays the amount of days until the item ships out. Depending on the method of shipment, you should receive your order from the next day to seven business days after we send it out. When requesting NextDay or 2Day orders received after 1:00 PM pst may be shipped out the following business day. Shipping times posted are in business days.
Our shipping charges are based on the size and weight of the items ordered and the method of shipping. We have made every attempt to maintain a low cost of shipping and no handling fees so you can enjoy the lowest possible price. All orders are subject to verification. We apologize, but we do not ship orders to P.O. Boxes. Any items marked as ‘Free Standard’ shipping apply only to shipping destinations based in the continental United States. Shipping charges for orders shipped outside the continental United States or Next Day/2Day Air orders are quoted with our carrier, may be higher than what is listed on our website, and must be approved before shipping.
Items are processed seven days a week. Orders shipping via standard delivery ship out at the same time as guaranteed expedited shipments. Standard shipping times may take longer than are shown, do not include weekends or holidays, and are not guaranteed.
Transit Time Example (All Transit Times Exclude Weekends & Holidays):
Monday – Order Placed 10:00 AM ; Order Sent Out Monday If In Stock
Tuesday – Next Day Air Shipments Arrive For Delivery
Wednesday – Two Day Air Shipments Arrive For Delivery
Thursday – Express Freight/3 Day Shipments Arrive For Delivery (May Be Earlier)
Following Monday – Express Freight/5 Day Shipments Arrive For Delivery (Many Are Delivered Previous Friday)
FREIGHT SHIPMENT INFORMATION – CURBSIDE DELIVERY & EXTRA SERVICES
Playsets, game tables, fitness equipment, furniture and other large items are shipped via Curbside Shipping. Delivery will be done by a tractor/trailer (a big truck). driver is only responsible for delivering (driving) the order to your curb. A delivery appointment is scheduled by the freight company via the phone number(s) you provide in your order. No delivery will be made unless an appointment is set and someone is present to inspect the package and help unload as the delivery person requires your assistance in unloading the order. Some deliveries require meeting the driver/truck at the end of a street or subdivision in situations where the truck cannot enter the area due to city ordinances or low level wires/trees. Any additional services, such as two-man delivery, inside delivery, lift gate, or address change are not included in the price of the freighted item. The cost of these additional services varies from city to city. They usually cost between $35.00 and $150.00 extra. You may purchase these additional services directly from the freight carrier when delivery is scheduled. It is a good idea when you make your appointment, to have the freight company call you 30 to 45 minutes before delivery so as to avoid having to wait for the driver to show up.
SHIPPING POLICY AND LIABILITY FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE
Total Playgrounds, Inc. requires the customer to refuse delivery or note damage upon receipt if an item is in condition not suitable or possibly not suitable for use. Failure to sign a delivery receipt as damaged and/or with missing parts removes Total Playgrounds, Inc. and the delivering carrier from any liability. Total Playgrounds, Inc.’s policy is to guarantee replacement parts whenever this situation occurs and damage is noted at delivery.
REPLACEMENT PARTS FOR CONCEALED DAMAGE/DEFECT FREIGHT
Unfortunately, sometimes packages arrive with damaged, defective, or missing parts. At TotalPlaygrounds.com we guarantee you will receive all parts–correct and functioning properly. Most replacement part request due to damage or loss except for Gorilla Playsets are handled by calling the manufacturer of the product ordered. Most replacement part orders are typically not sent from our warehouse, but instead from our manufacturers. Scuffs, scratches, nicks and checking are not considered damaged to wood or slides. All replacement part orders are shipped standard ground delivery (regardless of the initial shipment type) unless the consignee chooses to pay for the difference in expedited shipping. TotalPlaygrounds.com does not provide credits or refunds for the inconvenience of missing or damaged parts or for purchasing replacement parts not ordered through us.
If your item sent via freight truck and it was signed and accepted, the order cannot be returned unless shipping is paid both ways by the customer and the item has not been opened or used/installed. If there is damage, part error, or loss in this situation, replacement parts must be issued.
REPLACEMENT SHIPMENTS FOR DAMAGED ORDERS
If an order is refused at time of delivery due to damage, TotalPlaygrounds.com will automatically resend a new package out as soon as the damaged item is returned to our warehouse. The order must be canceled with a TotalPlaygrounds.com by email to avoid having an automatic re-shipment.
CANCELING A RECENTLY PLACED ORDER
We want to make sure you have total control of your order. As long as an order has not been processed your order may be canceled; no questions asked. Orders cannot be canceled by email, by message, or after they have been finished (ie have a tracking number) and are not considered valid until a cancelation number is given. Many orders ship same day and often times, within minutes of placing your order. Please be certain about your order as often times it is impossible to stop a shipment that already has a tracking number placed on it. If you place an order requesting a future ship date, requests to cancel at any time after ordering will incur a fee up to 10% of the order.
Occasionally, items may be backordered by the manufacturer. Total Playgrounds will make every effort to either display the backorder date on the site or email you backorder information. Backorder dates may change without notice; backorders may ship out before a backorder date provided. It is your responsibility to cancel any backordered item as it will process and ship when in stock otherwise. If a backordered item ships, regardless of the date, and has not been canceled, you must follow our return policy stated above to return an item.
PRODUCT WARRANTY INFORMATION
Total Playgrounds does not warrant any of the products it sells. All warranties are provided by the manufacturer. Warranty claims are subject to, and must be made pursuant to, the terms, conditions, limitations and procedures specified by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise specified in the manufacturer’s warranty, product warranty time periods commence when the product is shipped by Total Playgrounds. All warranty claims must be made directly to the manufacturer. Product warranty periods are 30 days, unless noted differently within the product description of Total Playgrounds or warranty information furnished by the manufacturer. Warranty claims made after 30 days from date of shipment, but within the applicable warranty period, may be exclusive of, and therefore required to pay, shipping costs for replacement products or parts. Claims not covered by warranty are subject to, and therefore required to pay, the costs of replacement products/parts and shipping. Further, some warranty claims require digital pictures or parts return as authorization for shipment. Costs to ship replacement parts outside the continental United States are the responsibility of the customer, regardless of warranty. Customer is responsible for parts and shipping costs of any missing parts after 30 days. Total Playgrounds does not make, and it expressly disclaims, any warranty concerning the products it sells, whether express or implied, specifically including, without limitation, in such disclaimer the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
PRICING POLICIES AND SALES
Orders at TotalPlaygrounds.com are not adjusted to reflect sales discounts that may happen at a future date. TotalPlaygrounds.com reserves the right to refuse business. TotalPlaygrounds.com may void or place on hold orders where an incorrectly low price or inaccurate discount was listed or provided until an approval for the correct price is obtained by the customer. TotalPlaygrounds.com makes no claims as to when sales on particular items will run and at what duration these sales will last.
Guidelines And FAQ for swingsets, play equipment and other large shipments
1) How will my item be shipped? All freight items including swingsets and play equipment will be shipped via a freight company, not FedEx Ground. Additionally, all freight items will be shipped via residential curbside delivery, meaning, someone will need to be present at the time of delivery to sign for the package and to assist the driver offloading the packages from his truck.
2) Residential Curbside seems like an unconventional way of shipping. Why do you use this method? Residential curbside allows shipping costs to be significantly reduced to all points in the country. With just this small amount of customer involvement the delivery process saves our customers as much as $150.00 in additional shipping costs.
3) We cannot be home for delivery. Can I still order a set from TotalPlaygrounds.com? Yes, we do offer services for additional fees to help in the offloading process. We can deliver items using a liftgate, which lowers the item to the ground but will then have to be picked up to move. These services usually cost between $75 – $150.
4) How will I know when to be available for delivery? The trucking company will call the phone number given in the order to schedule a delivery. The trucking company only makes deliveries on week days during normal business hours. Inside of these parameters the trucking company should be able to accommodate your schedule for delivery. It has been found that requesting the driver to call you when he is about 30 minutes from delivering to you, makes it possible to not have to wait around for delivery. This should be requested when the appointment is scheduled.
5) What if the trucking company is not being very cooperative in the process? Please email us and we will deal with the problem.
6) I would like this item by a specific date. Can I get my shipment expedited? TotalPlaygrounds.com does offer expedited service. Please email us for a quote.
7) I need this item for a birthday or Christmas. When is the best time to order? The best time to get swingsets delivered is as early as you can. Occasionally, we have shipments that will show up and there will a board missing or broken due to mishandling in shipping. We will need time to ship these replacement pieces out to you before the deadline. While this in an infrequent occurrence it is something that all customers should be aware of. All shipment of replacement parts will go UPS ground on the next business day. Additionally, you will need to give yourself, or an assembler, time to put these together. You will be aided by the fact that all instructions are easy to follow and all wood is pre-cut and pre-drilled.
8) What do I need to do before beginning the installation? How will I know if I have all the pieces? Although, infrequent, some items delivered will have 1 or more pieces damaged or missing in transit. We ask that you please do an inventory of the pieces that were delivered. This will also give you a chance to inspect the condition of the wood and request any replacements before starting assembly. An inventory of the set typically takes 25 minutes or less. If you are hiring a installer please do an inventory before setting the appointment date. While TotalPlaygrounds.com does provide free replacement parts, we do not provide credits or refunds for the inconvenience of missing or damaged parts.
Also, before beginning installation it is a good idea to determine where the set is going to be situated and that the area is flat and without encumbrances that can endanger children using the set.
9) How do I estimate the arrival time? All times on TotalPlaygrounds.com are in business days. For example, if an item ships on Monday and has a travel time of 3 days then this item should arrive on Thursday (1.Tues, 2.Wed., 3.Thurs.). Another example is if a shipment has a travel time of 3 days and the shipment leaves on Thursday then the order should arrive on Tuesday (1.Fri., 2.Mon., 3.Tues.). Standard shipping times may take longer than are shown, do not include weekends or holidays, and are not guaranteed.
10) Can I get installation with my swingset? TotalPlaygrounds.com does not provide installation options and contact numbers. The customer is responsible for making contact with these agencies, negotiating price, and setting up times.
Many times an installer can be found locally as many carpenters and hardware store workers (ie Lowes And Home Depot) install sets on the side. This is usually the best way to find a reliable, reasonably priced installation option.
11) Some pieces of the wooden swing set have small cracks. Why is this? All wood swingset construction material is subject to the natural process of checking. Checking or cracks occur across or through the growth rings as the logs release moisture. This is not a defect in the wood as it does not affect the structural integrity. Instead, it is considered a part of it’s rustic, natural look and adds to the uniqueness of the piece.
12) Can I use the swing sets listed in the ‘Wooden Swing Sets’ section for non-residential uses? No, the Backyard Wooden Swing Sets are designed for residential home use only. Not intended for public areas such as schools, churches, nurseries, day cares or parks
13) How often should my assembled playset product be inspected? An initial inspection should take place one week after installation and twice a month thereafter for the remaining life of your playset product.
14) What maintenance should I do on my playset? Check all nuts and bolts twice monthly during the usage season and tighten as required. Once or twice a year, depending on your climate conditions, you must apply some type of protection (sealant) to the wood of your unit. Make sure the play set is level and true once each year or at the beginning of each play season. Oil all metallic moving parts monthly during the usage period. Remove plastic swing seats and take indoors or do not use when the temperature drops below 32 °F. A full list of maintenance instructions are provided in the swing set manual you receive with your swing set.
15) How do I know when my playset product needs refinishing? If water is absorbed into the wood, its time to refinish your product. If water beads and rolls off the wood, the surfaces are protected.
16) Why is there so much movement in my play product, especially the top supports? It looks as if the wood will break? Because the structure is wooden and not concrete or steel, movement is not only natural but required. Please remember to follow the manufacturer guides for weight capacity and age range.
17) Why does my play product have mold growing on it and what can I do to remove it and keep it clean? Because the structure is wooden rather than concrete or steel, in areas of high humidity mold and/or mildew may occur. A solution of 1 part bleach 2 parts water applied with a sponge should clean the problem areas. Once the solution is dry, a water sealant should be applied to the entire swingset (never apply any product to the rungs (dowels) that may cause difficulty in in maintaining a firm grip).
18) Why is the wood splintering under the bolts when I tighten the hardware? Wood will splinter when compressed. The compression caused by over-tightening fractures wood fibers and is an indication that you are cranking down to hard on the hardware. If splintering has occurred, we recommend that you purchase larger diameter flat washers to install under the head of the bolts.
19) My boxes have arrived in bad condition. What should I do? Many times boxes get beat up during the freight transit. In almost all situations, regardless if the boxes are torn open, there is very little damage to the playset. Although Total Playgrounds will be happy to reship a new set to you if you refuse the set, we recommend you accept the set and allow us to send any replacement parts (if needed) after you do an inventory of parts (that usually takes around 25 minutes).
20) My play equipment has been installed and is ready to use. Is there any additional information I need to know? Adult supervision is required for children to use the play equipment. Safety surfacing is recommended and, in cases of commercial playground equipment, required.